School Year Abroad offers the Halsey Fund
Scholarship each year to a high school student who demonstrates exceptional academic ability, financial need, and a substantial interest in global study, understanding cultural differences and developing language
Any student applying to School Year Abroad for the 2013-2014 academic year who exhibits exceptional academic ability, demonstrates a passion for international studies, and qualifies for financial aid.
The Halsey Fund scholarship recipient is awarded full tuition. In addition SYA will provide a stipend for round trip airfare to the SYA school of enrollment.
How to Apply:
1. Complete SYA’s online application
for admission by February 1, 2013.
2. Write a separate essay answering: “Tell us something you have accomplished - at school, at home, or in your community - that has prepared you to make the most of your experience attending School Year Abroad.” The essay should be no more than 500 words and sent to SYA Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 1, 2013.
3. Complete the financial aid application by February 15, 2013.
Three finalists will be selected and interviewed by a panel of SYA administrators and faculty. The recipient of the Halsey Fund scholarship will be notified on March 14, 2013.
Dates to Remember:
Responsibilities of a Halsey Scholar
Application deadline: February 1, 2013
Financial aid application deadline: February 15, 2013
Decision notification date: March 14, 2013
• The Halsey Scholar will remain in good academic standing throughout the SYA academic year.
• The Halsey Scholar will be an ambassador for the school, and represent the transformative power of an SYA education.